Hey everyone, my name is Dylan Kennedy my hometown is Amarillo, Texas; I plan to study studio art and architecture at SU, and I hope to make the most of my experience there. I just came back from a month's stay in Italy for an essay contest I won, so forgive me for not sending a blog sooner.
If you've by chance ever passed through Amarillo, you'll probably know it as a small city in the middle of nothing (much like your stereotypical idea of Texas culture.) No trees grow to hinder your view, and yellow grass--from which the city derives its name--is the only thing you can see beyond the steam of our powerplant. I'd say more about my beloved hometown, but you don't want to be bored, so... I'll move on to the interesting things; I'll talk more about me. ;-)
I'm a pretty complex guy, and my greatest passion is growth. I'm not afraid of taking opportunities when I see them, and I'm ready for college to take me to a different level and a new life. Most people who know me would say I'm artistic; it's my next passion, my greatest talent and expression. I value strength, appreciate beauty and thrive through passion, and I try to balance work with enjoying life. I'm responsible, laid back, and hard-working at the same time.
I have two brothers--on younger and one older--and they're both very different from me in almost every way. The older, Nathan, attends St. Edward's in Austin and he's studying religion and education to teach about Christianity as a University professor. The younger, Camryn... wants to be a professional dirt-bike rider. Or skate-boarder... I forget which one.... :-)
Well, I've said about as much as I could say about myself without you experiencing the real thing; I look forward to meeting all of you and I know it will be a great semester. . . have a good rest of the summer!
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment